Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Taking his name



Oh – there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you, about the wedding.  You see,  Alan and I have agreed that I’ll take his surname, when I’m his wife.  So your brand will be wrong – I’ll be EMR, not EMW.  We’re going to have you have you branded again.
Yes, I know.  If it’s any consolation, I think it’s a bit unnecessary too.  When I told Alan your branded initials would be wrong, I was really just making a light-hearted comment.  I didn’t think he’d insist on changing them.  But you know what he’s like.

Hmm?

Yes, that’s the problem.  I mean, you just can’t brand a R over a W.  It wouldn’t look right.  I tried on paper, and it just always looked really forced.  So we’ll burn a blank over to erase your old one completely, and then have EMR freshly branded underneath.

Sure – you’ll have a kind of blank rectangle burnt into your skin.  But that’s OK.  Alan doesn’t mind.  The main thing is you'll have your new brand just under.

 
 
Oh stop crying.  You’re lucky you’re not getting EMR-W!  That would be even more painful, wouldn't it?  I’d suggested hyphenating our last names.  But Alan’s a bit old fashioned.  Doesn’t really believe in feminism.  So, I'll be EMR, and it'll say that on my credit cards and my passport - and on your left buttock.  Actually, I'm kind of glad he insisted.  It makes me feel very secure, as if by carrying his name around with me I'm holding his hand.  I know it's not very feminist, but I'm just not a very feminist girl, really.  Alan's made me realise that.    That’s one of the reasons I love him, actually.

What?  No, of course we can't do EMW-R!  Alan got cross enough when I suggested hyphenating with his name first!  He's not going to have you branded with my initial first, is he?  Honestly, you can be so insensitive sometimes! 
You're getting away lightly at the moment, anyway, you know.  I’m just waiting for him to realise that all our property belongs to both of us.  If he does, maybe he’ll want his initials on you too.  But he hasn’t said anything yet, so fingers crossed – OK?  Just our little secret. I know it really hurts, so I don't want you to have to face any more irons than absolutely necessary, OK?

Sure.  I won't say a thing.

Oh - and Alan left some shirts to be ironed - and he wants his shoes polished.  Something else to get used to, I guess!  It's going to be strange for you, having a man to run around after as well as me.  Strange for both of us - I'll have to get used to not being the only one in charge.  You know he's already offered to spank you, if I'm too tired some time?


7 comments:

  1. Like.

    A little gay, but in a forced, good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, indeed.

      And - despite my dismissive reply to the other Mr A (unless you're the same Mr A and a bit confused about your sexuality) - I am fully heterosexual and actually find gay male sex a completely disgusting image. While fully supporting the right of gay men to do whatever they want to one another, of course. It takes all sorts. Hey - some people probably find the idea of being dressed as a maid and forced to clean toilets with a brush-gag weird, you know? And it's that very disgust and dislike that makes its threat (at the instigation of a member of the superior sex, naturally) such a thrilling turn-on.

      Or - to put it much more concisely - A little gay, but in a forced, good way.

      Delete
  2. The name is important!
    (even if it hurts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. She's just concerned to show her new husband how much she loves him; that she was serious when she made the commitment that her acceptance of him entails. His happiness and his concerns are important to her - she'll be his wife, after all. I think that's worth a few moments screaming in agony and terror under a red hot brand, hmm?

      Delete
  3. There is an interesting trend among younger women in a Gynarchy relationship that men should be allowed to vote in elections and be allowed opinions of there own. These things are, obviously, against the basic understanding of the Gynarchy, but every generation has it's own ideas. My mother for, example, cannot understand why Max, my sissy slave husband, is allowed to go, on his own, to his 'Men's Group' without a female to supervise him.

    I decided, a long time ago that Max can be trusted to walk two streets away to the Community Hall for these meetings once a month. I allow him to go food shopping on his own, he does all kinds of errands on his own.

    I was talking to my niece, Vicky, about the things I had been reading in a magazine about men being given voting and opinion rights. She had thought deeply about these things and said that there would have to be certain safe guards in place.

    ''I think men should be given specially green coloured voting slips so that when the count comes they are designated as having 25% of the value of a woman's vote. Four men's votes would be equal to one woman's vote. I think that would be fair, don't you Aunt Zoe?''

    ''So the slips the women use would be the usual white colour, but the men's would be green? That seems a good idea, where did you come up with 25%? Surely, that would mean that a man's vote would be useless. There would always be a majority of female votes, is that right?''

    ''Yes, aunt, that is the clever part We could insist that now men have the vote and so all those countries who boycott our oil and gas and diamonds gold have no reason to. Men would be our equals in voting, with safeguards to ensure the Gynarchy is safe.''

    ''Honey, what other safeguards?''

    ''As now, no man could stand as a candidate or vote without a discussion with his Significant Female. The green slips would be completed at home with female supervision and taken by the male to the voting station to be counted. Men would feel they are really part of politics in a new and safe way. Brilliant!''

    At this point, Max came into the room. He waited to be noticed, with his hands in front of him and head bowed.

    ''What is it, Max darling?''

    ''Would you like some more refreshments, goddess?''

    ''Aunt, can I ask Max if he would like to vote?'' Vicky asked Max and he replied.

    ''I don't think so, ma'am. It would be against everything we believe in the Gynarchy.''

    ''Bring us some more tea, please honey. Good boy.''

    Vicky wasn't at all sad about Max's reply. We went on to discuss the idea of men having opinions.

    ''Well aunt, at the moment men can have approved opinions. If my mommy says she believes black is white, then our sissy believes the same. This new idea is that the man can form his own opinion and state it to his female owner. There would be safeguards, in that he wouldn't be able to voice an opinion without being asked, but that is how it works now.''

    ''But sissy men have their own thoughts now, what would be different?''

    ''I think that if asked now the man would give the opinion allowed by his Significant Female, such as black is white. Under these new rules, if asked, he could say he thought black was black.''

    ''Wouldn't he be punished for impertinence?''

    We changed the subject, and Vicky told me about school and the impending exams. She is such a bright, beautiful girl. I'm sure she will lose some of these silly ideas as she matures. It is, after all, good for the next generation to have fresh thoughts.

    Voting for men may come, 25% value seems fair, independent opinions are more problematic. I can't imagine expecting Max to formulate an opinion without my instruction and guidance.

    I love the company of young women, they are so full of ideas, so refreshing.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete